When this issue happens, the safety lock fails to reset and the lid may not be open.
If the machine is connected with XCS in the meantime, you may see a pop-up error message showing "Safety lock unlocking exception" like below:
Generally, when the machine is powered off, the safety lock will reset automatically.
Tutorial 1: Control the safety lock
Connect P2 with a USB cable, open the browser, input the link in the address bar, and hit "Enter" to control the safety lock. (Test with the lid open is supported)
Lock the safety lock: http://184.108.40.206:8080/cnc/cmd?cmd=M29S0&force=1
Unlock the safety lock: http://220.127.116.11:8080/cnc/cmd?cmd=M29S1&force=1
Tutorial 2: Remove the casing of P2: https://support.xtool.com/article/949
#1 Check the Lid
- Examine the left side of the lid.
- If you find warping or deformation that hinders the safety lock from resetting, push down on the side to ensure that the lid is completely closed, and then restart the machine.
- Attempt to restore the lid once the safety lock has been unlocked.
#2 Check for foreign objects
- Remove the left upper cover by referring to the casing removal video tutorial in the note.
- Check for any foreign objects and remove them.
#3 Check the safety lock
- Refer to tutorial 1 in the note for guidance. Check if you can control the safety lock as expected.
- If not, remove the left plate and left upper cover by referring to tutorial 2.
- Inspect the cables on the main control board for any signs of breakage, or unplug and reconnect the cables to make sure of a secured connection.
- If none of the above works, the safety lock may be faulty.
- Please record a video of the problem, gather the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and get in touch with our xTool support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.