#1 The laser engraving pattern is not clear
Reason 1: Inaccurate focus.
Place your material under the laser head, lower the support bar loosen the rotating screw, the support bar will touch the material, prop up the support bar tighten it manually, and fix the screw.
Reason 2: Low definition picture.
Replace the image with a higher definition one for engraving.
Reason 3: Engraving density is too low.
Increase engraving density before processing.
Reason 4: Engraving speed is too fast.
Reduce the engraving speed appropriately.
Reason 5: Material problems, some materials are easy to melt or burn when heated, resulting in engraving being easy to paste off, such as PU film, A4 paper, etc.
Reduce the engraving power or increase the engraving speed, such as still will paste off, it is recommended to replace the engraving material.
Reason 6: Power problems, too much power will make the engraving edge seriously black, and too little power will be a lot of pattern details can not to be presented, making it look like a poor engraving effect.
Adjust the laser power according to the actual situation.
#2 The engraving appears to lose steps and the graphics are displaced
Reason 1: Loosening of the Y-axis belt.
(1) Loosen screw 1, then turn screw 2 to set the tightness.
(2) Turn the screw clockwise to tighten the belt and counterclockwise to loosen the belt.
(3) Make sure that the timing belt is installed on the left and right plates with the same tightness.
(4) After setting the tightness, tighten screw 1.
If you find that the Y-axis belt can't be pulled tight no matter what, it is possible that the timing pulley on the left side of the Y-axis motor is out of line, please loosen the Y-axis belt, install the slide bar in place, and then tighten the Y-axis belt.
Reason 2 : The X-axis belt has loosened.
(1) Loosen screw 1.
(2) Turn screw 2 clockwise to tighten the belt and counterclockwise to loosen the belt.
(3) After setting the tightness, tighten screw 1.
Reason 3: X-axis guide dry without lubrication, dirty, rusty (common in the case of long use without maintenance).
You can use the grease that comes in the package to apply it.
#3 Engraving laser power is normal, but there is no trace produced
Reason 1: The material is unimaginable . For example, on some pure metal surfaces, it is difficult to process the trace.
Engraving using metal with an oxide coating or a lacquer coating.
Reason 2: The material is difficult to absorb laser energy, such as transparent acrylic, transparent glass, and other transparent materials.
Spraying a layer of water-soluble paint on the surface of the material or using xTool's official laser color paper material before engraving, can increase the absorption of laser energy by transparent materials . If still unable to engrave, it is recommended to replace the material.
Reason 3: Engraving is performed using the rotary attachment, but the drawing is placed outside the engraving area.
Move the red cross to the highest point of the cylindrical material and place the engraved pattern all the way to the right of the red cross.
Reason 4: The power set by the software is too low.
Use the material recommended parameters or manually turn up the power for testing.
#4 The machine stops in the middle of engraving
Reason 1 : USB connection engraving, which is an incidental event.
You can replace the new USB cable for testing to rule out instability due to poor contact or other causes.
Note: The new version of Basic V1.2.0 has been optimized.
#5 Machine engraving wave curve
Reason 1 : X component problem.
1. Check whether the X-axis structure is deformed or bent (optical axis, guideway part)
You can clean the guide rail and apply grease, operation can refer to support station maintenance video connection.
2. If it is deformed and bent can only replace the X-axis components.
Laser cutting process.
#1 Unable to cut through the material
1. Confirm whether the laser head connection cable is inserted in place, you can re-insert the laser head and motherboard plug.
Material parameter setting, please refer to the article
2. Confirm whether the material is refocused after changing. If not, please refer to the following steps :
1. Place your material under the laser head.
2. Lower the support bar
3. Loosen the rotation screw and the support bar will touch the material.
4. Prop up the support bar
5. Hand tighten the set screw.
3. Make sure the platform is flat and the material surface is flat. If the material and the platform are not flat, please put the equipment on the flat plate and replace it with other material with a flat surface.
4. Gradually increase the number of tool walks or reduce the cutting speed appropriately (power increase to 100).
5. Replace the laser head.
#2 Offset in machining path
The cause of the problem and the solution are the same "the engraving has lost steps and the graphics have been displaced".