How to Maintain the M1 Guide Rails？
Why maintain guide rails?
The smoke from machining and the dust and moisture in the air will cause certain damage to the guide rails, thus affecting the movement of the laser head. Therefore, after a period of time, the guide rails can be properly maintained to prolong the service life of the machine.
Required Materials and Tools
- machine grease
- Cotton swabs
- Phillips screwdriver
Note: If the guide rails are found to be dirty before maintenance, please clean the guide rails with a paper towel.
X-axis guide rails maintenance
- Apply grease to different positions on the first guide rails of the X-axis, then move the laser head back and forth to make the grease evenly spread on the guide rails, and use a tissue to wipe off the excess grease;
- Disassemble the bottom plate of the machine and turn the machine upside down;
- Apply grease to different positions on the second guide rails of the X-axis, then move the laser head back and forth to make the grease evenly spread on the guide rails, use a tissue to wipe off the excess grease, and finally restore the M1;
Y-axis guide rails maintenance
The Y-axis is a semi-sealed environment and generally does not require additional maintenance. If you find foreign objects in the Y-axis components or abnormal noises from friction on the Y-axis, you can disassemble the M1 to maintain the Y-axis. Please refer to the following video to maintain the Y-axis.
Z-axis guide rails maintenance
- Follow the above steps to take out the M1 bottom plate, and place the M1 upside down;
- Apply grease on the guide rails on the right side of the Z-axis, then use a cotton swab to evenly spread the grease on the guide rails, and wipe off the excess grease;
- Follow the method in step 2 to maintain the guide rails on the left side of the Z-axis, and then restore the M1.
Really nice video! How often do i have to do this? Is there a a recommended period of time when i should do that?
Please sign in to leave a comment.