1. How do I maintain the machine? How often?
The sliding rod is a chrome-plated optical shaft. You need to apply lubricant to the optical shaft regularly to prevent rust. The following describes the details:
Generally, apply grease after you use the machine for 15 days to 2 months:
- Frequently used, running for more than 8 hours per day. You need to apply grease to it at least once every 15 days;
- Less frequently used, running no more than 2 hours per day. You need to apply grease to it at least once every 2 months.
- If the sliding rod is dirty or impurities are found. Clean the surface of the optical shaft and then apply grease to it.
Precautions for maintenance:
- Before maintenance, clean away the dirt and impurities from the surface of the optical shaft,
- During maintenance, ensure that the grease is evenly applied, wipe off excess grease, and ensure that the optical shaft is clean and free of impurities.
- After maintenance, manually push and pull the X-axis and Y-axis profiles to ensure smooth operation without jams.
The maintenance involves the optical shafts on x-axis and y-axis, four in total.
2. Do I need to clean the laser? If yes, how often?
The laser head needs to be cleaned when the protective shield is dirty or when the laser can't cut through materials.
- Disconnect the machine from the power supply and remove the laser head from the machine.
- Clean the inner and outer frames of the shield with tissues or dust-free cloth moistened with alcohol.
- Clean the laser prism and infrared laser-emitting point with a cotton swab moistened with alcohol.
For more details, watch the video as below