1. How do I maintain the machine? How often?
The sliding rod is a chrome-plated optical shaft. You need to apply lubricant to the optical shaft regularly to prevent rust. The following describes the details:
Generally, apply grease after you use the machine for 15 days to 2 months:
- Frequently used, running for more than 8 hours per day. You need to apply grease to it at least once every 15 days;
- Less frequently used, running no more than 2 hours per day. You need to apply grease to it at least once every 2 months.
- If the sliding rod is dirty or impurities are found. Clean the surface of the optical shaft and then apply grease to it.
Precautions for maintenance:
- Before maintenance, clean away the dirt and impurities from the surface of the optical shaft,
- During maintenance, ensure that the grease is evenly applied, wipe off excess grease, and ensure that the optical shaft is clean and free of impurities.
- After maintenance, manually push and pull the X-axis and Y-axis profiles to ensure smooth operation without jams.
The maintenance involves the optical shafts on x-axis and y-axis, four in total.
2. Do I need to clean the laser? If yes, how often?
The laser protective lens needs cleaning regularly, especially when the protective shield is contaminated or the laser can't cut through materials it could before. We would suggest you check every time before processing if it is necessary to do so.
And below is how:
- Disconnect the machine from the power supply and remove the laser from the machine.
- Clean the inner and outer frames of the shield with tissues or dust-free cloth moistened with alcohol.
- Clean the laser prism and infrared laser-emitting point with a cotton swab moistened with alcohol.
For more details, watch the video below: