Method 1.Upgrade the firmware by Laserbox Basic software
Upgrade via Laserbox Basic software
Open the Laserbox Basic software, connect machine via USB cable
Select Menu- Check for Firmware
Method 2.Upgrade the firmware by firmware upgrade tool -for windows
Upgrade via Firmware Upgrade Tool.
- Download firmware upgrade tool via below link and unzip it and run the exe file
- Startup with selection EPS32
3.Select the firmware, bootloader, and partition files in order, and set the value of the parameter in the checkbox on the right, as following pictures show.
1.Make sure all three files are in one directory
2.The firmware upgrade tool only support windows comouter
3.Make sure the USB cable has been inserted to computer
4.Make sure USB cable has been inserted into computer port
4.Select correct USB USB serial port, Then select start button
5.After the upgrade is complete, power off and reboot the machine
Warm tips :
If you still have difficulties in operation, please download the operation video to watch.
Method 3. Upgrade the firmware by esptool tool -for windows
1. Download the esptool via below link;
2. Unzip the package and right-click on the bat file and select Edit.
3. Change the USB serial port to which the machine is connected when connecting to the Laserbox Basic software,
copy and paste the firmware file name into the firmware name
4. Click file and then save setting.
5. Make sure the machine is successfully connected to the computer USB and turned on, double click the Bat file, the firmware upgrade will automatically start running
6. After the upgrade is complete, shut down the upgrade tool and power off and restart the machine
Method 4. Upgrade the firmware by upgrade tool -for MAC
1. Download the upgrade package file and unzip it.
2. Open the MAC console and install the Python environment.
a) mac comes with pyhon environment, so there is no need to install python, skip this step.
b) Install pip manually.
Use curl to download the get-pip.py script, open a command line terminal in the mac, and enter the following command,Then Click Enter
curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py
Execute the script.Then click Enter, If system prompt Password ,Please just input your passwod and click Enter
sudo python3 get-pip.py
If red character prompt appears as above, please ignore
Wait for the execution to finish, then pip will be installed successfully.
3. Get the esptool firmware burning tool. Use the pip installed in the previous step to install esptool
pip install esptool,
pip install esptool
4. Connect the machine and power it up.
5. Check the corresponding port number of the machine under Mac: PORT_D1.
You can use laserbasic to check the corresponding port number. Note that the port number format under
Mac is: /dev/tty.* or /dev/cu.*
6. Burn D1 firmware.
The PORT_D1 is the usb port on the user's computer.
FILE_PATH is the firmware file File path, i.e. the .bin file in the upgrade package,
Please copy the full path of the file directly, and the burn command is:
sudo python esptool.py --chip esp32 --port PORT_D1 write_flash -z 0x10000 FILE_PATH
- Red characters are fixed,
- green characters need to be switched according to the USB port and firmware path.
My MAC USB port : /dev/tty.serial-2120
File Path: User/Apple/Downloads/D1_upgrade_mac/D1_firmware_V1.1. 0B3_20211124.bin
Input below command and click enter
sudo python esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/tty.serial-2120 write_flash -z 0x10000 User/Apple/Downloads/D1_upgrade_mac/D1_firmware_V1.1. 0B3_20211124.bin