NOTE: Below is the firmware upgrade instructions for xTool D1, NOT for D1 Pro. Please make sure it is D1 of yours and proceed.
(For D1 Pro, you may upgrade the firmware on XCS or follow the instructions via the link below: https://support.xtool.com/hc/en-us/articles/7488237385751-How-to-upgrade-the-xTool-D1-Pro-firmware)
- Method1: Upgrade D1 firmware with XCS (Recommended)
- Method 2: For Windows OS, upgrade firmware with xTool D1 Firmware Tool
Method 1: Upgrade D1 firmware with XCS (Recommended)
NOTE: DO NOT upgrade D1 firmware with Laserbox basic or LightBurn.
- Make sure your network is in good condition.
- Make sure your computer stays on, and do not enter Sleep mode during the process.
- Do not power off D1 during the process.
- Make sure the Upload Switch is on. (as below)
1. Power on and connect D1 to your computer via the original USB cable.
2. Launch XCS, click on Connect Device, and select your device from the Device list.
3. Click on the gear icon and then click on Check for updates.
4. If a new firmware version is available, click on Update.
5. Firmware update starts.
6. Firmware update in progress.
7. Firmware update completes.
Method 2: For Windows OS, upgrade firmware with xTool D1 Firmware Tool
First of all, make sure the UPLOAD switch is ON.
1. Download xTool D1 Firmware Tool.
2. Unzip the file and launch the tool by double-clicking on the "xTool D1 Firmware Tool.exe" as shown in the picture below.
3. Connect D1 to your computer via the original USB cable and switch it on, select the correct Port.
4. Click and import the "D1_firmware_V40.30.006.01B5_20220708.bin" file.
5. Click on "Start Upgrade".
6. Once it is completed successfully, it shows PASS at the lower right corner.