Part 1：List of items
The pack of the rotary roller engraving module comes with the following items:
Part 2：Meeting the rotary roller engraving module
This additional attachment is placed inside of the xTool D1 to support the cylindrical objects to be engraved. It consists of the following parts:
Part 3：Installing the rotary roller engraving module on D1
1. Fit spacer blocks to the supports of xTool D1.
To use the rotary roller engraving module, you need to fit spacer blocks to the supports of xTool D1. Use the spacer blocks supplied by Makeblock. Fit the spacer blocks as follows:
(1) Remove the rubber ring from each support.
(2) Fit the rubber ring to each spacer block.
(3) Fit the spacer blocks to the supports of xTool D1.
If one spacer block is not high enough to engrave an object, you can add a second one, and so on.
2. Set the position of the movable roller on the rotary roller engraving module and connect it to xTool D1. Use the engraving of a stainless-steel cup as an example.
For details about how to set the position of the movable roller, see Part 4 of this user guide. Connect the rotary roller engraving module to xTool D1, as shown in the following figures.
The pack provides 2 connection cables. For xTool D1, use the connection cable shown in the following figure. The other cable is used to connect the rotary roller engraving module to another device.
3. Place the rotary roller engraving module in the middle of the working area of xTool D1
- The relative position of the rotary attachment and the key should be consistent with the picture
- Ensure that you have placed the rotary roller engraving module parallel to the working area of xTool D1. Otherwise, the pattern to be engraved on the object may be deformed.
4. Focus the laser head.
(1) Set the laser head to the proper height by using the ranging rod, and then move the laser head over the object to be engraved.
(2) Move the laser head again to position the center of the cross-shaped light beams at the start point to be engraved.
5. Turn on the xTool D1, open the Laserbox software, and connect the device.
6. Import the designed pattern you want to engrave on the object. Adjust the size of the pattern and set the engraving power and speed. Then, click the button in the upper-right corner.
7. Set the Cylinder Working mode and click Framing.
You can see the position where the pattern is to be engraved. You can adjust the position of the laser head to make sure that the pattern is engraved in the expected position.
8. After the engraving is complete, move the laser head away and take out the engraved object.
If the surface of the engraved cylinder is very smooth, such as glass, you can put a strip of masking tape (easy-to-tear, grainy stickers) around the top and bottom of the cylinder to prevent it from slipping and misaligning while being rotated.
Part 4：Setting the position of the movable roller on the rotary roller engraving module
Set the engraving position. For example, you can take the following steps to change the position of the movable roller from 2 to 1:
(1) Remove the screw from the movable roller.
(2) Pull up the support of the movable roller. Rotate the movable roller to the target position.
(3) Put the support of the movable roller into the corresponding slot and press it into place. The side with a concave part faces away from the movable roller.
(4) Tighten the removed screw to fix the support of the movable roller in the target position.
Was this article helpful?
6 out of 6 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request