User Manual for xTool D1
PDF files download
Assemble xTool D1
- Cut off the cable tie on the right plate.
- Fit the four side plates together on a desk or flat ground.
Tighten screws at each joint of the plates to fix them together.
- Align a screw with the screw hole before tightening it.
- Before you pull the screws, press each joint of the plates to ensure no support hangs in the air.
- Use screws to set the tightness of the timing belts on the left and proper plates.
- The purpose of the most extended extension screw is to set the tension of the timing belt. Do not fully tighten the most extended extension. Otherwise, the timing belts may be damaged.
- Make sure that you set the timing belts on the left and proper plates with the same tightness. Otherwise, the material can't carve adequately.
- Fit the middle plate.
- Use the screw to set the tightness of the timing belt on the middle plate.
- Install the optical shaft components.
(1) Drag the middle plate to make it close to the rear plate.
(2) Put the timing pulley through the timing belt, and then tighten the screws on the coupling.
- Use the motor cable to connect the motor on the left plate to the main control board.
Note: Press the connectors of the motor cable into place to prevent poor contact.
Note: Use cable ties to fit the cable on the plate so that the cable doesn't interfere with the operation of xTool D1.
- Insert the motor & laser cables into the ports on the main control board.
- Connect the motor on the middle plate to the main control board.
- Use cable ties to fix the cables on the plate
- Connect the laser head to the main control board.
Stick the cable into the slot of the fan baffle, and then insert the connector into the port.
- Fit the laser head.
Insert the laser head along the guide rail, and then lock it in a required position by using the thumbscrew on the side.
- Use cable ties to fix the cables on the middle plate.
Note: Before using the cable ties, reserve a sufficient cable length to allow the laser head to slide between the left and proper plates.
- Insert the TF card into the card slot
Meet your xTool D1
You can add the rotary attachment to engrave cylindrical items.
Place the module parallel to and in the working area of xTool D1 and connect it to xTool D1 through the extension port.
For details, see the tutorial for the rotary attachment.
Note: To extend the functions of xTool D1, you need to purchase the required parts and components.
PCB, motor, laser head, guide rail
Power adapter, conveyor belt
Consumables and accessories
Power cord, USB cable, consumable parts, user guide card, package, etc.
No covered in the warranty
- The warranty period in the preceding table is as defined from the date of purchase on the receipt. The invoice date will appear as a reference. Please retain your purchase invoice. If you can't provide a valid invoice, the warranty period will calculate from the factory date.
- For more information about after-sales services, visit https://support.xtool.com.
Thank you for choosing the xTool products!
If you use the product for the first time, read all the accompanying materials carefully to improve your experience with it. Suppose you don't use the product according to the instructions and requirements of the Manual, or mis-operate the product due to misunderstanding, etc., Makeblock Co.. In that case, Ltd. shall bear no responsibility for any loss resulting from that place. Except for losses caused due to improper installation or operation by Makeblock professional maintenance personnel.
Makeblock Co., Ltd. has collated the contents of the Manual rigorously and carefully, but errors or omissions may remain.
Makeblock Co., Ltd. is committed to continuously improving product functions and service quality and therefore reserves the right to change any product or software described in the Manual and the contents of the Manual at any time without prior notice.
The Manual intends to help you use the product properly and does not include any hardware and software configuration description. For product configuration, refer to the related contract (if any) and packing list, or consult your distributor. Images in the Manual are for reference only, and the actual product may vary.
Protected by copyright laws and regulations, the Manual shall not be reproduced or transcribed in any way, transmitted on any wired or wireless network in any manner, or translated into any language without the prior written authorization of Makeblock Co., Ltd..
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
As a result, Makeblock Co., Ltd., declares that this product complies with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive RED 2014/53/EU and the RoHS directive 2011/65/EU & (EU) 2015/863.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, according to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used by the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. Suppose this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can determine by turning the equipment off and on. In such cases, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the radiator and your body.
Safety first (significant)
1. General safety
Read and get familiar with all safety precautions and procedures before using the machine. Strictly follow all safety precautions and ensure that the device is assembled correctly and is working correctly.
Follow the operating principles:
- Check the machine for damage every time before you use it. If you find any damage or defect, do not operate in any way.
- Ensure that the workspace is clean and flat. Note that the laser tube is made of glass and is very fragile. If it breaks, the machine fails to work.
- Do not disassemble the machine or change its structure in any way without authorization. Please do not modify or decompile its operating system.
- Keep the operating area of the machine clean. Residues and chippings accumulated during cutting and engraving are dangerous and may cause a fire. Clean the machine regularly.
- The machine works appropriately at the temperature of 0°C to 35°C and can appropriate stored at the temperature of 0°C to 45°C. Do not operate it at a temperature lower than 0°C.
2. Laser safety
xTool D1 has no protective cover. Do not touch the laser when operating the machine.
Follow the safety precautions:
- Do not operate the machine when it removes any part of it.
- Removing any part may cause damage to the machine.
- Do not engrave or cut any material that contains PVC or vinyl (plastic materials recommended). These materials (and other materials containing chlorine/chloride) may generate corrosive vapor that is highly harmful to the human body and may cause damage to the machine. If you carve or cut any material containing PVC or vinyl causing any damage, Makeblock's warranty isn't cover it.
- Do not engrave or cut any unknown materials. Vaporization/melting of many materials, which include but are not limited to PVC and polycarbonate, may release harmful smoke.
3. Fire safety
When the machine cuts or engraves a material, use a high-density laser beam to irradiate it, heating its surface to vaporize it without burning. But most materials are inherently flammable and may be ignited to form an open flame that may burn down the machine (even if it make of flame-retardant materials) and its surroundings. From our experience, using the laser to perform vector cutting (on acrylic, in particular) is most likely to produce an open flame.
Read the following warnings and suggestions carefully:
- Make sure well ventilate the workspace so that fumes can escape properly.
- Do not stack materials (especially organic ones, such as paper) around the machine. They may cause the spread of flames and increase the risk of material ignition.
- Please do not leave the machine unattended when it is working if the machine works with incorrect settings and is left alone for an extended period. If a mechanical or electrical failure occurs, it may cause a fire.
- Clean the machine regularly. Excessive accumulation of residues and chippings from cutting and engraving may increase the risk of fire.
- Ensure that the area around the machine is clean without any cluttered flammable materials, explosives, or volatile solvents, such as acetone, alcohol, or gasoline. Keep a fire extinguisher and perform regular maintenance and inspection of it.
4. Electrical safety
Read the following warnings and suggestions carefully:
- Do not open any access panels when the machine connects a power supply.
- Do not touch any electronic area with your hands or other tools when the machine connects to a power supply.
5. Warning and instruction signs
On the xTool D1, we mark warnings and signs in areas where bodily injury or machine damage may occur before or during operation. If a sign is damaged or lost, replace it immediately. You can use the following template to print the sign you need.
A tube of lubricating grease is included in the package. Where/how/when are you supposed to use this?
You don't include instructions for adjusting the middle plate to make it square to the frame. Isn't this important for accuracy on larger projects?
It takes for ever to update the firmware, any advise regarding this? Thank you.
FIRMWARE UPDATING ISSUE!! Its not showing the blue "status" line at all, so assuming ours hasn't even started...hours later. We've tried on two different computers Any advice on this?
How can I get copies of the D1 and the Rotary Roller Module user manuals in PDF format? Thanks.
how can i get user manual for design space
Article is closed for comments.