P2 won't fully and effectively cut through the material as expected.
#1 Calibrate the Laser Path
- When the laser path is deviated, the laser performance may vary significantly in different processing areas.
- Please follow the tutorial video below to calibrate the laser path:
#2 Check the Processing Parameters
- For official materials, you can choose recommended processing parameters for cutting.
- For the unofficial ones, you can get the ideal parameters by the material test array with XCS 1.4 version or later.
#3 Check the Material Distance/Thickness Value
- Check if the material thickness/distance with the corresponding mode in XCS is the same as the actual value.
Check material thickness in the Slats flat.
Check material distance in the Open plane.
- Alternatively, you can follow the link to measure the focal distance for P2 manually.
#4 Check the Reflector and the Focal Lens for Stains
- Please follow the tutorial video to clean if there are stains on the reflective mirror and the focal lens.
#5 Check the Power of the Laser Tube
- The power of the CO2 laser tube degrades over time.
- You can try the following methods to improve the performance of the cutting process: increase the power, lower the speed, and increase the processing pass.
- If the power dropped drastically, please replace the laser tube.
#6 Set a Higher Airflow Value
- Please go to Settings to adjust the Airflow of the air pump to 100% in Cut mode.
#7 Check the Focal Lens Installation
- When the focal lens is not installed properly, the laser spot will become larger, decreasing cutting performance.
- Please follow the tutorial video to install the focal lens properly with the convex side facing up.
Note: Installation of the focal lens starts at about 2:32.
#8 Use Compatible Material
- Some materials are not supported to cut with xTool P2, such as glass, ceramics, metal, concrete, etc.