When this issue occurs, you may find the engraving performance of P2 is not as expected: the pattern appears blurry, and the engraving outcome is excessively darkening or too shallow to be identified.
#1 Calibrate the Laser Path
- When the laser path is deviated, the laser performance may vary significantly in different processing areas.
- Please follow the tutorial video below to calibrate the laser path:
#2 Check the Processing Parameters
- For official materials, you can choose recommended processing parameters for cutting.
- For the unofficial ones, you can get the ideal parameters by the material test array with XCS 1.4 version or later.
#3 Check the Material Distance/Thickness Value
- Check if the material thickness or distance with the corresponding mode in XCS is the same as the actual value.
Check material thickness in the Slats flat.
Check material distance in the Open plane.
- Or you can follow the link to measure manually the focal distance for P2.
#4 Set a Higher Sharpness Value
- Please enhance the sharpness of the bitmap images in XCS as shown below or try engraving with a higher-resolution image.
#5 Set a Lower Airflow Value
- Please go to Settings to reduce the Airflow of the air pump in Engrave mode, such as lowering it to 30%.
#6 Check the Focal Lens
- When the focal lens is not installed properly, the laser spot will become larger, decreasing engraving performance.
- Please follow the tutorial video to install the focal lens properly with the convex side facing up.
Note: Installation of the focal lens starts at about 2:32.
#7 Check the Material
- Texture-dense materials can be harder to engrave by laser.
- To get better results, set a higher processing power or use less dense materials.