Install and Start up
If you are using machine for the first time, please skip the first 4 steps and start directly with the fifth step.
1. Make sure the device is turned off, open the protective cover of the device.Remove the two screws in front of the honeycomb plate and remove the tray.
2. Remove the screws on both sides of the honeycomb plate and take out the honeycomb plate.
3. Remove the six screws on the back of the tray and remove the baffle.
4. Put the tray back into the laserbox.
5. Put the Rotary Roller Engraving Module into the position as shown in the figure below close to the green line.
6. Plug the cable of the rotary attachment into the expansion port of the machine and tighten the nut.Keep the connection cable as close to the bottom as possible to prevent laser damage to the connection cable.
7. Turn on the laserbox,open LaserBox software and connect the device.
8. The software detects the Rotary Roller Engraving Module and enters into cylinder engraving mode.
9. Measure the diameter of the cylinder to be engraved and select the corresponding gear.
10. When the diameter is less than 30mm, Rotary Roller Engraving Module needs to be padded up to reach the focus range of the laser.
For example, if the diameter of the cylinder is measured to be 17mm, an object with a height of at least 13mm needs to be found to pad the Rotary Roller Engraving Module.
Padding minimum height = 30-17mm = 13mm
If an object with a height of exactly 13mm cannot be found, an object with a height greater than 13mm can be used as a cushion object. If the height of the cushioned object is 16mm, then 16mm will be filled in the z-axis offset.
1. If the surface of the engraved cylinder is smooth, such as a glass, you can put a circle of American paper (easy-to-tear, grainy stickers) on each of the top and bottom of the glass to prevent the glass from slipping and misaligning while rotating, leading to scrap.
2. After entering the engraving mode, the system will automatically load a yellow line at the axis position of the cylinder, which indicates the starting position when starting engraving.（For example: engraved ceramic mug)
If the position of the yellow line is not on the axis of the object to be engraved, drag the yellow line to the axis of the object to be engraved.
3. Import the pattern you want to engrave.
4. Adjust the size of the pattern, as well as the cutting power and speed.
5. Drag and drop the pattern you want to engrave onto the desired location.
6. Mouse click on the Send button.
7. Press the start button on the device.
8. Open the lid and take out the ceramic mug after the carving is finished.
Working mode switching operation instructions
1. If you need to return to flat engraving mode, please turn off the machine, Unplug the cable from the Laserbox end of the Rotary Roller Engraving Module cable, take out the Rotary Roller Engraving Module and put back the honeycomb board and drawer.
1) This process may result in Laserbox errors if the operation is not shut down.
2) Try not to unplug the connection cable at the end of the Rotary Roller Engraving Module, which may lead to poor contact or even damage
2. Open the device to reconnect the software.
3. If the interface is not returned to plane processing mode, press Ctrl+shift+k on the keyboard at the same time, then it can automatically cut back to plane engraving mode.