After powering the device P2 on and connecting it to the computer with a USB cable, the machine's name can't be found in the device list under the USB option in XCS, as shown below.
#1 Check the USB Cable Connection
- Check and make sure the connection is secure.
- Replug the USB cable at both ends if necessary.
#2 Malfunctioning USB Cable or Computer USB Port
- Replace the USB cable, the USB port, and the computer port.
- Turn on the device and launch XCS.
- Check if the driver application of P2 exists in the following ways.
- Right-click the start button on your computer.
- Click Device Manager
- Click Network adapters and check if the USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget exists.
- Click System Information
- Go to Hardware and click USB
- Check if the RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget exists.
#3 Check VPN
#4 Check the Driver Program
- Driver for macOS: HoRNDIS-9.2_catalina.rar
- Download and install the driver.
#5 Check Ping
- The firewall may disable ping.
- Click the Right Button to Run XCS in Administrator Mode.
- Allow this permission (Norton for example).
#6 Check SIP
1. Turn off the computer. Press down Command, R keys, and the power button to enter the interface below.
2. Go to Utilities and click Terminal.
3. Input "csrutil disable" and press the Enter key.
4. When you see the message saying that "System Integrity Protection is off", the SIP is disabled successfully. Restart the computer.
#7 Check "RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget"
- Click System Preferences> Network.
- Check if "RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget" is on the list.
1. Connect your Mac and P2 via the original USB cable, then click "+".
2. Click and select RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget.
3. Click "Apply".
4. Once the RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget is created, connecting to P2 via USB will be established automatically.