Connect xTool F1 to Wi-Fi
You can connect xTool F1 to a Wi-Fi network by using XCS on your iPad or your computer.
- On the iPad
(1) Open XCS on your iPad, and tap New project.
(2) On the top-right corner of your screen, tap Connect device.
(3) On the Connect device window, tap + Wi-Fi setting on the top-right corner. Then, select F1 and tap Next.
(4) Long press the knob on xTool F1 until the knob indicator turns to solid yellow. On XCS, tap OK, next.
(5) Follow the instructions of the software to connect xTool F1 to a Wi-Fi network.
- On the computer
(2) On the computer, click the icon on the top-right corner of XCS.
(3) View the device name and click Setting in Wi-Fi setting.
(4) Select a Wi-Fi network and enter the password. Then, click Next to connect xTool F1 to the Wi-Fi.
Connect xTool F1 to XCS
(1) Ensure that your iPad and xTool F1 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. On the top-right corner of your screen, tap Connect device.
(2) On the device list, tap the name of your xTool F1 to connect it. After xTool F1 is connected, its knob indicator turns solid blue.
Note: If you cannot find your device on the list, you can try tapping Refresh.
Set up xTool F1 in XCS
- On the top right corner of XCS, click the gear icon next to the xTool F1 image to open the device setting window.
- Tap Setting, and turn on or off each feature based on your need.
- Flame alarm: If a flame is detected, xTool F1 will pause processing and raise the alarm. For safety purpose, you are advised to turn on this feature.
- Stops when moved: If xTool F1 is moved or tilt during processing, it will pause processing. To use xTool F1 to process materials with slopes, you need to turn off this feature.
- Stops when enclosure opened: If the protective enclosure is opened during processing, xTool F1 will pause processing. To use xTool F1 to process materials with the protective enclosure opened, you need to turn off this feature.
Processing modes of xTool F1
XCS supports multiple processing modes for xTool F1.
- Laser flat: to process small and flat materials
In this mode, you need to place the material on the baseplate of xTool F1.
- Laser cylindrical: to process regular or irregular cylindrical materials
In this mode, you need to use xTool F1 with xTool Rotary Attachment. For more information about how to use xTool F1 with Rotary Attachment, see "Use the Rotary Attachment with xTool F1".
- Open plane: to process large, sloping, or thick materials
In this mode, you need to take out the removable baseplate from xTool F1 and place xTool F1 on top of the material to be processed.