This article applies to:
D1 Pro with 5W/10W/20W laser modules.
#1 Check the Laser Cable
If the cable connecting the laser module and the motherboard is disconnected or loose, the module may not get enough power for the fan.
- Check if the indicator inside the module lights up.
- If not, could be a loose cable. Unplug and replug it in.
- If yes, please move on to the next step.
#2 Check the Fan Wire
- Take off the fan from the module and check for any damaged or loose wires according to this video.
- If there is a loose wire, replug it and make sure it's tight.
- If there is a damaged wire, the fan needs to be replaced.
- If there is no loose or damaged wire, the fan itself could be faulty. It needs to be replaced.
Please refer to this video to change the fan.
If None of the Above Works
If you have followed the instructions above and the issue is still not resolved, please read the article in the link below, collect the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and contact xTool tech support for further advice.