Connect the Device Through Wi-Fi
This applies to：
D1 and D1 Pro with all laser modules.
There are three ways to connect your machine to your computer: USB, Wi-Fi, and IP. The first one requires a USB cable while the other two are wireless. If you'd like to connect via Wi-Fi or an IP address, please follow the below instructions.
#1 Connect via USB First
Before you can connect via Wi-Fi or IP, you need to connect via USB so the settings can be saved to the machine. Please follow the steps:
- Connect your machine to the computer with a USB cable.
- Launch XCS, click on Connect Device, and go to the device setting (the wheel sign).
- Your machine should appear under the USB section. Select it and connect.
- In case you can't find your machine on the list, please refer to this link to troubleshoot:
XCS Can't Find Device Through USB
#2 Configure the Wi-Fi
- Go back to the device setting and find the Wi-Fi setting under the Basic info page.
- Enter your Wi-Fi name and password. Make sure your machine and the computer are on the same network.
- It's recommended that your Wi-Fi name and password contain no special characters (e.g. !@#$, etc), otherwise it may not connect.
- If it's connected successfully, you will see the below message.
#3 Switch to Wi-Fi Mode
- On the device setting, click on the Switch device button.
- You'll find your machine and its IP address under the Wi-Fi section.
- Now you can select your machine to connect via Wi-Fi. And you can see the connection mode is Wi-Fi.
- After it's done, check if it's connected under the Wi-Fi Setting with a visible IP address.
Please sign in to leave a comment.