When you find the error of the auto-measuring way exceeds the appropriate range, or when it fails to auto-measure the distance, you can follow this guide to solve the issue.
Methods of Manual Focus
#1 Make a Focusing Ruler
- Download the processing file, unzip it, and import it into XCS.
- Place the cuttable material into the P2 device.
- There are two rulers. One measures in millimeters and the other measures in inches. Choose the one you prefer.
- Set the processing mode on cutting for the black line, score for the red line, and start to process the ruler.
- Take out the focusing ruler (as shown in the photo).
#2 Measure the Distance
- Go to the equipment setting and click the test button for 'Optical path setup'.
- Move the laser module to and above the material with the direction arrows shown below.
- Open the lid and measure the distance in the following ways:
- For 'slats flat' mode, place the ruler vertically on the material and close to the laser module. Read the right side value on the top of the laser head.
- For the 'open plane' mode, place the ruler vertically on the material and close to the laser module. Read the left side value on the top of the laser head.
- Return to the home position. After clicking the home positioning button, close the lid and the setting window on XCS.
- Enter the thickness or distance value manually according to your processing mode.